This issue looks at the new movement called Chrislam.
SINCE YOU ASKED
But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons (1 Timothy 4:1).
This verse, indeed, describes the days in which we live. This article addresses the latest installment of deceitful spirits and demonic doctrines-a blending of Christianity and Islam known as Chrislam. While the exact form of the movement we see today differs from its origins in Nigeria in the 1980s, it maintains the attempt to somehow blend Christianity and Islam.
Some credit its rebirth to a program on “love your neighbor” presented recently at Grace Fellowship Church in Atlanta, Georgia. According to Jon Stallsmith, outreach minister at Grace Fellowship, “In 2001, like most Americans, we were pretty awakened to the true Islamic presence in the world and in the United States… Jesus says we should love our neighbors. We can’t do that without having a relationship with them.” Stallsmith believes that since Jesus is mentioned twenty-five times in the Qur’an, Muslims and Christians should be able to work together. “The recent political developments and the fact that we’re fighting two wars in Muslim countries should sharpen that need to know how to talk to these guys,” Stallsmith insists. “We want to find peace, reconciliation around a scriptural understanding of Jesus.”
Recently, Rick Warren addressed the convention of the Islamic Society of North America. There, he stated that Muslims and Christians must work together to
combat stereotypes, promote peace and freedom, and solve global problems. His speech implied that Christians and Muslims were faith mates and soul mates, and should become work mates. In case you’re not familiar with Rick Warren, he’s the founder and pastor of Saddleback Community Church in Orange County California and the author of The Purpose Driven Live and The Purpose Driven Church. Not surprisingly, Robert Schuller has also endorsed the movement.
AS I SEE IT
Rick Warren fans should be very concerned. He is displaying deception of the highest order. Christianity and Islam can never mix because they are diametrically opposed to one another. Contrary to being “one of the world’s great religions,” Islam represents a direct assault on every tenet Christians hold dear. Anyone who conducts a serious side-by-side comparison soon comes to a startling revelation: What is holy in Islam is declared unholy in the Bible, and what is most holy in the Bible is the greatest blasphemy in Islam. For example:
1. Allah proudly boasts that he is “The Greatest of all Deceivers” (Qur’an 3:54). Deception is one of the most identifiable traits of Satan himself and is the word that most characterizes Islam. Muhammad declared that war is deception, and his followers are at war with Christians.
2. One of the 99 beautiful names of Allah is Al-Mutakabbir, which means “The Most Proud One” or “One Filled with Pride.” Pride was the reason Lucifer was cast out of heaven.
3. The Qur’an attributes to Muhammad many of the biblical descriptions of Jesus. Muslims identify Muhammad as the perfect man, a mercy to all mankind, greatest of all sent by God, healer, savior, deliverer, the prince, the first and the last, and the praised on.
4. According to the Qur’an (51:56, 72:13), the demons (Jinn in Arabic) follow Allah as their Lord. In Islam, being on the same side as demons is a good thing.
5. Our Messiah is seen by many Muslims as the Muslim Antichrist, while their Messiah may well be our Antichrist. The Muslim Antichrist, known as ad-Dajjal, will claim to be both Jesus Christ and divine.
Anyone who has done even a tiny bit of research knows that Muslims have no interest in working with Christians. Their goal is to lull us to sleep before they destroy us. Every Christian needs to understand a few key Arabic terms such as hudna, taqiyya, and kitman. Do a little research. Learn what they mean. These are basic to understanding the deceptive nature of Islam. On the individual level, Christians are to be winning Muslims to the Savior. On the corporate level, the Church can in no way embrace or partner with a religion that contradicts our basic beliefs on so many levels. If your church has bought into this demonic deception, get out as fast as you can.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
Actual Newspaper Article Headline:
Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
(See if that works any better than a fair trial.)