Israel’s resistance to U.S. demands regarding construction in Jerusalem, Saudi Arabia’s plans (according to Shariah Law) to behead a man charged with sorcery.
OUR ISRAELI CONNECTION
Jerusalem Prayer Team reports
A concerted effort by the State Department and much of the rest of the Washington, DC, establishment is being made to force Israel into another round of concessions to the terrorists who continue to launch attacks against innocent men, women and children solely for the “crime” of being Jewish and living in Israel. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton followed up a “blistering” 45 minute phone call with Prime Minister Netanyahu with demands that Israel demonstrate that it is serious and committed to the peace process.
But Bibi Netanyahu is standing firm. “Jerusalem is not a settlement!” he proclaimed on his visit to America this week. He further told Mrs. Clinton that Israel’s policy toward building homes in Jerusalem has remained unchanged for more than forty years and that it will not be changing, despite the protests of the United States.
IT’S NEWS TO ME
Joel Rosenberg reports
President Ahmadinejad just marked the celebration of the Persian new year by urging Muslims to prepare for the coming of the Twelfth Imam and the annihilation of Israel. Western leaders are preparing to impose economic sanctions on Iran as early as next month in hopes of stopping the ayatollahs from building the Bomb, but it may be too late. A new CIA report indicates Iran already has the capacity to build nuclear weapons.
But here’s the amazing thing is that the media isn’t telling you: More Iranians will celebrate Easter this year — the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ — than at any other time in human history. That’s because more Iranians have renounced Islam and become followers of Jesus Christ in the last 31 years than the past 14 centuries combined.
A Lebanese man charged with sorcery and sentenced to death in Saudi Arabia is scheduled to be beheaded on Friday, the man’s lawyer said Wednesday. This Shariah-based sentence in Saudi Arabia raises several questions and concerns:
1. Why did the Saudi system not think to conduct a “rehabilitation program” for this man to treat him from using sorcery (the supposed use of magic). Are rehabilitation programs and soft approaches using art therapy only limited to the terrorists who kill innocents in a barbaric manner?
2. People who claim that Shariah is “peaceful” must stop bragging about the “tolerance of Islam” until these barbaric laws are banned in Islam.
3. Will the CAIR organization and leading Islamic scholars criticize the Wahhabi religious system in Saudi Arabia for having such inhumane laws that belong only to the dark ages?
4. The free world needs to realize that such laws that teach young Muslims intolerance are the root causes of terrorism. A Muslim child who learns that it is OK to kill a human being because he thinks differently (e.g., by practicing sorcery) will become a very suitable candidate to be convinced that it is also OK to kill others because they are different or non-Muslims. We cannot defeat terrorism without ending the barbaric laws that ultimately feed it.
5. I am not surprised to see such barbarism that allows the killing of magicians when mainstream Islamic books that are used to teach Islam globally are published in the West, like in London and New York, and are sold on Amazon.com, shamelessly promoting the killing of magicians in our modern times (See Minaj Al-Muslim by Al-Jaza’iri, First Edition, 2001, page 527). Minhaj Al-Muslim is currently available on Amazon.com.
6. It will be a good step if the Saudi king intervened to stop killing this man. However, this is not sufficient to address the problem at its roots. Changing these laws that teach barbarism and intolerance is fundamental – especially when we know that the law of killing magicians is not in the Quran.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
What is the proper terminology for 2000 pounds of Chinese soup? Won ton