This week’s news and commentary from a biblical perspective.
IT’S NEWS TO ME
- House Republicans Introduce Resolution to Investigate Obama for High Crimes and Misdemeanors!
- Univ. denies student degree over same-sex stance
- So-called Moderate Muslim Nation of Turkey Seizes Christian Churches while Asking to Join the EU!
- Children of Refugees get MORE Fed Benefits Than Poverty Stricken American Kids
- The US will buy 32 tons of heavy water from Iran to prevent Tehran from violating the nuclear deal, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal on Friday.
- ISIS is Harvesting Organs from Own Recruits to Sell on the Black Market
- North Korea now has two satellitesorbiting over the United States capable of performing a surprise electromagnetic pulse attack at an altitude and trajectory that evade U.S. National Missile Defenses, a national security expert warned in an interview with Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin.
- Look What Obama Has the Army Focused on Now!
- We Now Have a Muslim Government
- Guess Why the UK Just Issued a Travel Advisory for Brits Visiting the U.S.
- Pastor Fired from Government Job for what He Preached at Church!
- Unreal: Obama Bringing Thousands of Refugees in With No Background Checks
- Japan Will Not Take Refugees
- INCREDIBLE! SCIENTISTS DISCOVER MOMENT LIFE BEGINS IS MARKED WITH A BRILLIANT FLASH OF LIGHT
SETTING OUR MINDS ON THINGS ABOVE
Today, I’d like to keep a proper focus on the world’s news by looking at a few of God’s promises regarding hope-hope that must not be diminished by anything that happens.
Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise (Heb. 10:23). These days, we really need to hold on tight to what God has said and never let fear of the unknown (or the known) get the best of us.
We have our hope set on the living God, who is the savior of all people, especially of those who believe (1 Tim 4:10). Genuine faith is revealed only by being tested. True believers must live our lives in such a way that displays that our hope is set on the Living God.
You will feel secure because there is hope. You will look around and take your rest in security (Job 11:18). Hope without a feeling of security is not real hope. Our Hope must allow us to rest securely despite what’s happening around us.
When doubts fill my mind, the Lord’s comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer (Psalm 94:19). Even when we temporarily succumb to the pull of the world’s chaos and fear, we can find comfort in the Lord as He reminds us of His promises which transcend anything the world throws at us.
The counsel of the LORD stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations (Psalm 33:11). God’s plans for the world and for us will not be changed by anything or anyone, regardless of how things appear.
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 15:13).
Check out my YouTube channel to get my biblical analysis of current events and my suggestions for surviving and thriving while the world falls apart. Click the link or enter edrodgersauthor in the Youtube search box.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I’d never met herbivore.
Inclusion of photographs and/or images in no way implies the endorsement of this blog or its information by the photographer or designer.
Leave A Comment