This week’s news and commentary from a biblical perspective.
IT’S NEWS TO ME
- Target Boycott Passes One Million, Stock Craters by $2.5 Billion!
- An unlikely trio: Israel, Hamas and Egypt align against ISIS in Sinai
- German Chancellor Merkel Gives Muslim Refugees Immediate and Unlimited Welfare Benefits but Now Forces Europeans to Wait On a List For 5 YEARS
- Report: Germany rethinks its policy of automatic support for Israel
- BREAKING: Obama Announces Police Equipment Change That Will Cost Cop Lives
- Liberals Attempt to Pressure Google to SILENCE GOP
- Israel seizes four tons of rocket chemicals bound for Gaza
- The Left Declares War on Christian Values… Here are 7 Examples
- Surprise: Obama Now Giving Illegals More Money Than Social Security Beneficiaries
- Latest Benghazi Bombshell Implicates White House in Benghazi Coverup!
- Look What MSU did because this Student is a Christian
- London looks set to elect first-ever Muslim mayor
I highly recommend these two great articles providing much food for thought:
SETTING OUR MINDS ON THINGS ABOVE
War on Christian Values Escalates
As I was doing my research this week, I was struck by the increasing number of attacks from the far left on the very things that hold our society together. The transgender issue is escalating daily and the homosexual lobby is working overtime to convince the power brokers not only to see things their way, but to do whatever it takes to legalize the “normality” of their views and their behavior. Ever since the Supreme Court ruling on marriage, the battle has been ratcheted up in a relentless assault on what we call Christian values. I’ve never seen anything like this.
The push for acceptance of their depraved lifestyles is just the beginning. The goal seems to be to criminalize those groups (and individuals) that oppose their “progressive ideas.” The center of the storm is located on our university campuses, where Christians are being removed from influential positions for not conforming to the new norm.
I’ve written a lot about the coming persecution against churches and Christians, but I think I have underestimated just how soon we would feel it. The leftist agenda coupled with the crippling effects of political correctness have snowballed into an onslaught that will only gain momentum.
We must be ready for what’s coming. So what should we do? I have learned that God allows situations that will draw us to Him. This should be our first response. The following psalm is a good place to start:
Prayer for Deliverance from Secret Enemies.
Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint;
Preserve my life from dread of the enemy.
Hide me from the secret counsel of evildoers,
From the tumult of those who do iniquity,
Who have sharpened their tongue like a sword.
They aimed bitter speech as their arrow,
To shoot from concealment at the blameless;
Suddenly they shoot at him, and do not fear.
They hold fast to themselves an evil purpose;
They talk of laying snares secretly;
They say, “Who can see them?”
They devise injustices, saying,
“We are ready with a well-conceived plot”;
For the inward thought and the heart of a man are deep.
But God will shoot at them with an arrow;
Suddenly they will be wounded.
So they will make him stumble;
Their own tongue is against them;
All who see them will shake the head.
Then all men will fear,
And they will declare the work of God,
And will consider what He has done.
The righteous man will be glad in the Lord and will take refuge in Him;
And all the upright in heart will glory.
Check out my YouTube channel to get my biblical analysis of current events and my suggestions for surviving and thriving while the world falls apart. Click the link or enter edrodgersauthor in the Youtube search box.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
Donald Trump for President – Love him or hate him, this video is hilarious.
Inclusion of photographs and/or images in no way implies the endorsement of this blog or its information by the photographer or designer.