The support for ISIS among “moderate Muslims” is shocking.
IT’S WORTH CONSIDERING
Despite what we see regularly on the news, Muslims continually peddle the notion that Islam is a religion of peace and that fanatics like members of ISIS have hijacked their religion, giving peace-loving Muslims a bad name. They claim that the Qur’an and the Hadith teach peace and that there is no basis to the claim that Islam teaches terrorism in any way, shape or form.
If this were true we would see overwhelming repudiation of ISIS throughout the Muslim world. The truth is that if such a voice exists, it is speaking in an inaudible whisper. A better assessment is that support for ISIS is much more widespread that we have been told.
A November 2015 poll by the Pew Research Center bears this out. In 11 representative nation-states, up to 14 percent of the population has a favorable opinion of ISIS, and upwards of 62 percent “don’t know” whether or not they have a favorable opinion of the Islamist group. Another poll released in November shows that 13% of Syrian refugees have a positive sentiment towards ISIS. The actual stats are probably much worse than these figures indicate, since the respondents represent only those Muslims who are willing to admit to their support for ISIS.
Support for ISIS was evidenced after the recent Paris attack. When security forces searched far and wide for prime suspect Salah Abdeslam, who vanished after returning to Brussels, they discovered that he never left the city and had been helped by his family, friends, and others for four months.
Other surveys show that 58% of Muslims in the U.S. reject criticism of Islam as a right; 45% want such blasphemers punished legally. Twelve percent want them killed. These are the same people who claim to love America. My guess is that what they love is America’s obsession with political correctness (which always protects Islam) and America’s willingness to accept their propaganda as more and more concessions are made to alleviate the “plight of the Muslims” living among us.
One Muslim American has gone so far as to offer $10,000 to anyone who can find even one verse in the Qur’an or the Hadith that promotes terrorism or the killing of innocent people. Anyone who knows the basics of Islam, however, knows that according to Mohammed, no non-Muslim is considered innocent. As for the other claim, here is a brief sampling of some of the verses in the Qur’an that leave no doubt as to whether Islam teaches terrorism:
* “And slay them wherever you come upon them, and expel them from where they expelled you; persecution is more grievous than slaying. But fight them not by the Holy Mosque until they should fight you there; then, if they fight you, slay them – such is the recompense of unbelievers – but if they give over, surely God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate. Fight them, till there is no persecution and the religion is God’s; then if they give over, there shall be no enmity save for evildoers.” (Quran 2:191, 192, 193)
* “We will cast into the hearts of the unbelievers terror, for that they have associated with Allah that for which He sent down never authority; their lodging shall be the Fire; evil is the lodging of the evildoers.” (Quran 3:151)
* “This is the recompense of those who fight against God and His Messenger, and hasten about the earth, to do corruption there: they shall be slaughtered, or crucified, or their hands and feet shall alternately be struck off; or they shall be banished from the land. That is a degradation for them in this world; and in the world to come awaits them a mighty chastisement…” (Quran 5:33)
* “When thy Lord was revealing to the angels, ‘I am with you; so confirm the believers. I shall cast into the unbelievers’ hearts terror; so smite above the necks, and smite every finger of them!'” (Quran 8:12)
* “Make ready for them whatever force and strings of horses you can, to strike terror into the enemy of Allah and your enemy…” (Quran 8:60)
* “Then, when the sacred months are drawn away, slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them, and confine them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they repent, and perform the prayer, and pay the alms, then let them go their way; Allah is All-forgiving, All-compassionate.” (Quran 9:5)
* “Fight those who believe not in Allah and the Last Day and do not forbid what Allah and His Messenger have forbidden – such men as practise not the religion of truth, being of those who have been given the Book – until they pay the tribute out of hand and have been humbled.” (Quran 9:29)
* “And when We desire to destroy a city, We command its men who live at ease, and they commit ungodliness therein, then the Word is realized against it, and We destroy it utterly.” (Quran 17:16)
AS I SEE IT
When any of these or other verses are used against their claims, the argument is usually that what it seems to say is not what it really means. Often the retort is that you must read it in Arabic to get the true meaning. (If this is true, why are so many Qur’ans printed in English and other non-Arabic languages? The hope is that we won’t read the Qur’an for ourselves and simply take their word for it. They seem to be relying on the fact that if you tell a lie long enough, people will eventually believe it. Now you know better.
Check out my YouTube channel to get my biblical analysis of current events and my suggestions for surviving and thriving while the world falls apart. Click the link or enter edrodgersauthor in the Youtube search box.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
When the cannibal showed up late to the luncheon, they gave him the cold shoulder.
Inclusion of photographs and/or images in no way implies the endorsement of this newsletter or its information by the photographer or designer.
Paris attacks image by Kathariniv