Who is this Socialist who wants to be President?
IT’S WORTH CONSIDERING
Most people know very little about the man who is giving Hillary a run for her money in the quest for America’s top job. We know that he is a senator from Vermont, an Independent, and a Socialist, but that’s about it. Here is a small sample of some of the things “Discover the Networks” has uncovered regarding Bernie Sanders’ past:
- At the University of Chicago he joined the Young Peoples Socialist League (youth wing of the Socialist Party USA) and spent time as an organizer for the United Packinghouse Workers Union, which, like all the CIO unions, had a number of influential Communists among its ranks.
- After college, in 1963, Sanders lived and worked for a number of months in an Israeli kibbutz known as Kibbutz Sha’ar Ha’amakim (KSH), which was co-founded by Aharon Cohen, an Arabist who was a harsh critic of Israeli policy and was arrested for spying for the Soviet Union in the 1950s. The founders of KSH referred to Joseph Stalin as the “Sun of the Nations,” and a red flag was flown at outdoor events held at the kibbutz. Sanders stayed at KSH as a guest of the Zionist-Marxist youth movement Hashomer Hatzair (HH), which pledged its allegiance to the Soviet Union; some left-wing groups described HH as Leninist and even Stalinist. HH made it plain that its cooperation with Zionists was a temporary expedient designed to help pave the way for a socialist revolution; that it viewed Israel’s independence as a transitional phase in the development of a bi-national socialist state which would ultimately end Israel’s existence as a Jewish entity.
- In 1964 he married a young woman named Deborah Sanders; the marriage lasted only until 1966. In 1969 he fathered a child out-of-wedlock.
- Around 1976 spent about two years as an amateur historian and film-maker, selling educational film strips to schools in New England. “His main project,” says The Guardian, “was a short documentary about his hero, Eugene Debs, an early 20th-century union leader who was a six-time presidential candidate for the Socialist party.”
- In 1979 he was elected mayor of Burlington, Vermont, by a margin of just 10 votes. Sanders created some controversy when he hung a Soviet flag in his mayoral office, in honor of Burlington’s Soviet sister city, Yaroslavl, located some 160 miles northeast of Moscow. According to an Accuracy In Media report, Sanders during the 1980s “collaborated with Soviet and East German ‘peace committees'” whose aim was “to stop President Reagan’s deployment of nuclear missiles in Europe.” Indeed, he “openly joined the Soviets’ ‘nuclear freeze’ campaign to undercut Reagan’s military build-up.”
- In 1985 Sanders traveled to Managua, Nicaragua to celebrate the sixth anniversary of the rise to power of Daniel Ortega and his Marxist-Leninist Sandinista government. He also visited Fidel Castro’s Cuba in the 1980s and had a friendly meeting with the mayor of Havana.
- When Sanders in 1988 married his wife, Jane, the couple honeymooned in Yaroslavl, Russia.
- In November 1989 Sanders addressed the national conference of the U.S. Peace Council, a Communist Party USA front. By 1990 Sanders was a leading member of Jesse Jackson’s National Rainbow Coalition, and he ran successfully for Congress as a socialist, representing Vermont’s single at-large congressional district. During each year of the Bill Clinton administration-starting in 1993, shortly after the first al-Qaeda attack on the World Trade Center-Sanders introduced legislation to cut the U.S. intelligence budget sight unseen.
- Sanders was a vocal critic of the Patriot Act, the anti-terrorism bill passed in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, as an assault on civil liberties. In 2006 Sanders co-sponsored a resolution by Rep. John Conyers to impeach President Bush on grounds that he had led the United States into an illegal and immoral war in Iraq.
- In November 2006 Sanders ran successfully for a seat in the U.S. Senate. Then-Senator Barack Obama, whom Sanders described as “one of the great leaders” of that legislative body, campaigned enthusiastically on Sanders’s behalf. In 2007 Senator Sanders and Rep. Maurice Hinchey together introduced the Media Ownership Reform Act, which sought to resurrect the so-called “Fairness Doctrine”-a measure that, if passed, would greatly diminish the influence of conservative talk radio. In September 2015, Sanders’ presidential campaign received the support of the former Weather Underground terrorist Bill Ayers.
For more information on Sanders’ socialist and political history, click here.
An article published by Eagle Rising pointed out that despite Sanders’ attempts at earning a living, he was nearly 40 before receiving his first steady paycheck. His first “real” job came when he was elected the mayor of Burlington, Vermont in 1985. He tried to be a carpenter, but as a friend says “He was a shi**y carpenter” and “His carpentry was not going to support him.” Then he tried writing but could only come up with stories about rape and masturbation for horrible leftist publications. He was a hippie slob whose life reflected his personal and professional choices… it was a mess.
As mayor of Burlington, he complained about how terrible American greed was. “The whole quality of life in America is based on greed,” Sanders whined. “I believe in the redistribution of wealth in this nation.” This was the 40-year-old man who hadn’t done a single day’s honest work, ever, claiming that this wonderful nation that carried him on its back is the problem.
Rush Limbaugh had more to say about the lazy liberal sluggard on his radio show recently:
Bernie Sanders didn’t earn a paycheck ’til age 40. Bernie Sanders is actually a bum. Here it is, the Investor’s Business Daily editorial: “Bernie Sanders, The Bum Who Wants Your Money — Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders said Monday his parents would never have thought their son would end up in the Senate and running for president. No kidding. He was a ne’er-do-well into his late 30s.
Sanders spent most of his life as an angry radical and agitator who never accomplished much of anything. And yet now he thinks he deserves the power to run your life and your finances — ‘We will raise taxes;’ he confirmed Monday, ‘yes, we will.’ One of his first jobs was registering people for food stamps…
He drove around in a rusted-out, Bondo-covered VW bug with no working windshield wipers. Friends said he was ‘always poor’ and his ‘electricity was turned off a lot.’ They described him as a slob who kept a messy apartment — and this is what his friends had to say about him. The only thing he was good at was talking … non-stop … about socialism and how the rich were ripping everybody off.
AS I SEE IT
I am offering this brief sampling from Sanders’ life as a commentary on American politics and values. He is one of the two best candidates the left has to offer. The other is under investigation by the FBI and is known as one of the most untrustworthy figures in Washington. Yet, neither of their pasts seems to matter.
On the right, the front-runner, Donald Trump, is attracting more and more people with relentless insults, name-calling, and outrageous claims of what he will do as president. His boast that he will change once he’s in office should scare the begeebers out of anyone with a brain, but he keeps gaining supporters. The bitter infighting and the attacks among the top three makes me wish that the “second tier” candidates who dropped out could be given another chance. It’s a mess!
All this should force us to our knees as we’re seeing what happens to a society that is becoming more and more godless. Politics is clearly not the answer to our problems.
Check out my YouTube channel to get my biblical analysis of current events and my suggestions for surviving and thriving while the world falls apart. Click the link or enter edrodgersauthor in the YouTube search box.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
The definition of the word Conundrum is: something that is puzzling or confusing. Here are six Conundrums of socialism in the United States of America:
- America is capitalist and greedy – yet half of the population is subsidized.
- Half of the population is subsidized – yet they think they are victims.
- They think they are victims – yet their representatives run the government.
- Their representatives run the government – yet the poor keep getting poorer.
- The poor keep getting poorer – yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.
- They have things that people in other countries only dream about – yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
Think about it! And that, my friends, pretty much sums up the USA in the 21st Century.
Inclusion of photographs and/or images in no way implies the endorsement of this blog or its information by the photographer or designer.
Leave A Comment