Ten things we must remember about Islam if we are to make sense of the chaos around us
IT’S WORTH CONSIDERING
Here are ten facts about Islam that we must know if we are to make sense of what is going on in the world today:
- The Muslim world has made its goal clear-world domination. They intend to destroy the America we know, replacing it with an Islamic nation ruled by Islamic law.
- Its beliefs are traced to two fundamental sources-the Qur’an and the traditions (sayings) of Muhammad (Hadith).
- Technically, the term “Islam” means submission (to the will of God). This is one of the definitions presented to the non-Muslim world. The other is peace. Historically, however, the submission most often associated with the religion is submission to Islam in order to preserve one’s life. Then, and only then, one may experience peace.
- When peace is discussed in the Qur’an, it usually applies to the treatment of captives. Did you get that? Captives. How did they become captives in the first place? Clearly, not as a result of love and peace.
- I find it interesting that the more lofty and noble definitions are believed in only one portion of the world – the West.
- Unbelievers are not the only object of jihad. Muslims who stray from the faith are also to be slain.
- Martyrdom in jihad is the highest good and is the only guarantee of salvation. Of all the things Muslims are obligated to do, and the list is lengthy, rigorous, and downright impossible, only dying while fighting the infidels will earn one a ticket to paradise. The more infidels a Muslim can kill in the process, the better.
- Islam sees the world as being divided into two houses: The one “in submission” is called Dar-al-Salaam (House of Peace). The one not yet in submission is called Dar-al-Harb (House of War). Those of us in the West who have not yet been brought under submission are subject to jihad.
- The Qur’an represents one of the three “holy books” in Islam. They also revere (their version of) the Law (tawrat) and the Psalms (zabur), as well as the New Testament (injil).
- The fate of women is not mentioned in the “sacred writings.” They have been told that if they have brought dishonor to the family, they can restore that honor and score points with Allah by becoming a suicide bomber. That might not seem like such a bad option after living under Muhammad’s declarations that most residents in hell would be women who, by nature, have sinister characters. One Hadith implies that many women are in hellfire because of their ingratitude toward their husbands, which is also ingratitude toward God. The Hadith states, “The prophet said: ‘I was shown the Hell-fire and the majority of the dwellers were women who were ungrateful.'”
AS I SEE IT
It’s so easy to lose sight of the bigger picture by becoming entangled in the details and the propaganda. This is why I have included this summary reminder of some of the essential facts that we should keep in mind when trying to make sense of the news from the Middle East.
I Invite you to check out my new YouTube channel, where I present my insights on world events in video form. It is specifically designed to bring reason and understanding to the chaos that surrounds us.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
An Obituary printed in the London Times
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
– Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
– Why the early bird gets the worm;
– Life isn’t always fair;
– And maybe it was my fault.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don’t spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).
His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.
Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.
It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.
Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.
Common Sense took a beating when you couldn’t defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.
Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.
Common Sense was preceded in death,
-by his parents, Truth and Trust,
-by his wife, Discretion,
-by his daughter, Responsibility,
-and by his son, Reason.
He is survived by his 5 stepbrothers;
– I Know My Rights
– I Want It Now
– Someone Else Is To Blame
– I’m A Victim
– Pay me for Doing Nothing
Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
Leave A Comment